Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dairy Industry Pulls Offensive Ads Claiming Women Should Drink Milk To Cure PMS

After a whirlwind of outrage from women, vegans and vegetarians, men, physicians and politicians alike, the dairy industry pulls it's controversial "Got Milk" campaign. One ad features a man, scared of his wife's PMS-fueled anger, offering her milk to curb her symptoms.



You can read more about the campaign here, at the dairy industry's own website.

So what do you think? Are the ads offensive or do people just need to calm down?





2 comments:

  1. I think they are a tad offensive and a bit rude.. but I wouldnt go over board crazy and protest these ads.. To each their own..

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I laughed,but then I got offended...but that might be because I have PMS right now.

    Ha ha, how ironic.

    I find all sorts of offensive humor funny (American Dad, Family Guy etc) so it's not like I'm a prude. But those cartoons don't have a hidden agenda of selling me milk, so maybe that's why I tolerate them more.

    Oddly enough, most women do the grocery shopping so I question the logic behind attacking the key demographic responsible for purchasing milk.

    As the saying goes, an infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters will eventually write Shakespeare....or this add campaign ;)

    ReplyDelete