Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Refinery Offers High End Vegan Dining Options

The Refinery (1115 Granville street) in Vancouver is known for it's innovative cocktails, charcuterie, Ocean Wise seafood, fresh breads and antipasti. It is also vegan friendly.

I was dining with a vegetarian friend so we shared two delightful plates. First up was the beet salad, featuring tender spring greens, sweet beets and goat cheese crostini. My friend ate the crostini and I had the lovely salad.


Sweet cherry tomatoes and crisp walnuts finish off this playful beet salad.

Next was the organic vegetable flat bread, finished with truffle oil. Normally this comes with goat cheese, but the chef was gracious enough to leave half of the flat bread plain. 

Crisp flat bread, sweet peppers, olives and zucchini, basil chiffonade and white truffle oil

Our server picked up on the vegan vibe and even brought us over two deconstructed pina coladas, finished with coconut milk, sweet and spicy rum and tangy lime. 



It was a delightful meal and the service was friendly, prompt and professional. All my annoying vegan requests were met with a smile and I was never made to feel like I was inconveniencing them. 

For an exceptional vegan dining experience, check out The Refinery! I know I'll be back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment